'49 Schwinn B6

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobsbikes8 said:
100_1844.jpg

nice find heres my 49b6 thats a odd color combo.but still nice i love the big bikes

It looks like it has been repainted. Painted fender braces are the giveaway. :wink: Gary

texasbigjon said:
SCORE!!! 8) not a big schwinn person but that is really sweet. really nicely aged overall look. definite keeper! :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone...I really like it. John, I'm not a big Schwinn person either but I've wanted a B6 or BA107 for awhile. I really like painted fender bikes the best.

SimpleMan said:
texasbigjon said:
SCORE!!! 8) not a big schwinn person but that is really sweet. really nicely aged overall look. definite keeper! :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone...I really like it. John, I'm not a big Schwinn person either but I've wanted a B6 or BA107 for awhile. I really like painted fender bikes the best.

Weren't you the one who just last week said, "I hate Schwinns!" :shock: ??? Maybe it was rusty or pence. I remember one of you Ohio guys has a bug in your ear about Schwinns. :p Here in Central IL, that's about all you find when it comes to pre-70's bikes. Gary

LOL... :mrgreen: You'll never hear me say I hate Schwinns. I really want a few nice examples. Best chrome in the vintage bike world...it's amazing what cleans up and theres no denying the quality. I've probably said a few times "another darn Schwinn" in jest. Seems I turn more of those up than anything. Truthfully we're lucky they are so popular.....Schwinns and California guys have combined to help fund my collection :wink: I've got 4 Schwinns in my collection right now and like every one of them.

With all that said, I really appreciate all the bike companies but my taste leans toward Ohio built bikes and specifically Huffmans. Probably cause I'm from Ohio and about a half hours drive from the old factory.

In Brookville here where I grew up there was only one bike shop.....Schwinn. When you walked in the door the eye candy was a wonderful sight. I can still picture in my mind the row of Stingrays and Krates on the right and the lightweights on the left as you walked in the door. There were hardware and department stores here that sold Western Flyers and Huffy's but even as a kid you tell the difference. As a kid I lusted over Schwinns and rode Huffy's

Besides.....the 4 Schwinns I own cover about every Schwinn frame design ever built :D :wink:

B607 said:
SimpleMan said:
texasbigjon said:

Weren't you the one who just last week said, "I hate Schwinns!" :shock: ??? Maybe it was rusty or pence. I remember one of you Ohio guys has a bug in your ear about Schwinns. :p Here in Central IL, that's about all you find when it comes to pre-70's bikes. Gary

Back