48 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48 straightbar frame
springer fork
touring bars flipped
repop pedals
24x3.45 hoggy g tire on rear
26 x 1 3/8 front

I recomend this tire over the others I have bought it fits without modification to frame it states a wider width but is actually smaller than the 24x3
PB140108.jpg

PB140109.jpg

PB140110.jpg

mmmmmmm Me likes! Did you boot the Scout yet??? LOL Seems to me you can't kick the habit, even if the house is a priority. It's in the blood!

Good stuff - I'm really liking the board track look.

wider width.........actually smaller than the 24x3

Can you post the actual as-mounted-on-a-rim dimension? Inquiring minds want to know! (ie: me)

-Mp

yea yea yea lol the scout and the prewar say farewell thursday and maybe 3 others I have this 48 included
it seems I have found a group of pub crawlers in the big city (Des Moines) thats big around here lol well they are starved for vintage bikes and since I live in such a rural area I find quite a few older bikes yet and they want them! hopefully my supply dont run out once i settle in the new place! I do have the number of an old man with a garage full of balloon tire bikes he wants to sell off in his words "before he leaves the mess for his greedy kids"
and yes I am addicted and to think I only just got back into the hobby in September lol after a 3 year hiatis. oh well my fiancee supports me 100% aslong as its my money lol I kinda wish I hadnt sold that evans now cuz I coulda worked a trade for that springer maybe!

Clothespin "n" the seat is off a sears spaceliner :)

Multipass said:
Good stuff - I'm really liking the board track look.

wider width.........actually smaller than the 24x3

Can you post the actual as-mounted-on-a-rim dimension? Inquiring minds want to know! (ie: me)

-Mp
the previous kenda 24x3 tires i used aare right at 3 inches wide and about 25 inches tall with the widest part of the tire right at the outside diameter .... it has a flatter tread design and the hoggy g tire is about 2.75 wide at the tread and 3 inches about an inch in from the diameter and has a true slick design and its a full 26" tall and they are pretty cheap in price
http://www.3gbikes.com/components/hoggy-g.html

but they are nowhere near the stated size of 24 x 3.45 well maybe if you put them on a 4 inch wide wheel lol

and this tire is a ton lighter than the kenda... the kenda is a brute to pedal with all that weight

Back