40 Year Old Bike Shop picked today **2nd trip

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went in a 40 year old bike shop and even though it had been picked a few times before, I still found a few goodies.
Huffy3speed006_zpsa66b595e.jpg
Huffy3speed007_zpsa9d6e9d2.jpg
Huffy3speed008_zps9dbd9a33.jpg

Picture after I clean up the bike.
010_zpsc4bf08a0.jpg

Went back this Saturday morning and got a few more parts, and more bar tape. I will be selling these items next week, I am traveling home this week.
001_zps073d7888.jpg
003_zps2184e30b.jpg

Re: 40 Year Old Bike Shop picked today

Killer score. :)

Hopefully you did not have to pay through the nose for those - every old shop around here has American Picker Syndrome and generally wants twice what I can get the same part off ebay for.

Congrats !!!!

AHHH,,, nothin like a good pick to get that adrenalin Goin !!! :D

RafaeL

Sweet score!!!!!

He talked about the pickers show, he said I wish they would come there. I explained that I didn't have a TV show or the Pickers money... I think I got a pretty good deal.
-- Huffy 3 speed Muscle bike was $100.00......
-- Stingray speedo head was $10.00......
-- Bulbs and box of brg. nuts $5.00......
-- 5 sissy bar pads all red $15.00......
-- Screamer springer fork $10.00......
-- Used Schwinn pedals $5.00......
-- Tax $11.20.......yep I paid tax....Total $156.20 You never see The Pickers Pay Tax...... But I sidn't say anything because..........
-- Box of shifters was free!!!!!!.....He told me that they were outlawed in the 1970's and he could not sell them, he also told me tall sissy bars were also outlawed at the same time......No, he didn't have any....I asked a few times.

I went back inside to thank him and got the box of handle bare tape for $10.00 tax included. I have the bike all taken apart to clean & reassemble.
HuffyParts002_zps19a8d94f.jpg
010_zpsc4bf08a0.jpg

The story and the experience is part of the cool deal as well. Excellent deal there. Especially on the "illegal" shifters!!! :shock:
PM sent earlier on some of the bar tape if you decide to sell any of it.
The Huffy is looking sweet too.

Wow, now that's a score! :shock: :shock:

Killer deals !

If you wanna double your money on the fork or some shifters, let me know :)

Wow, Wonder Light bulbs...Kool Nice pick

Someone recently posted a Wanted to Buy for one of those Sport Shifters, I think it was CWC.

I'm jealous. I had a yellow Huffy Dragster 3 speed stick shift and it looked exactly as your does. Same exact bike. I have looking for one for over 18 years and never found one for sale. Still havent found one.

Nice bike. Someday I'll find one. I hope.

nice parts there. I wish we had old bike shops around here. Everything is carbon fiber and titanium

Yep I couldn't beleive it when I saw it, and then it was for sale. Feel pretty luckey that I got this one. - This bike shop is a 12 hr. drive from my house one way. Working out of town I get to look for bikes every weekend, but it is hard to store and work on bikes in a hotel room. Its pretty croweded I have eight bikes sharing the room with me now.

Back