4/21/1960 this now patina covered schwinn was born

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCW

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bike came to me from a guy I get schwinns from , I know he probably grabs them at half the price I pay as he finds them in barns etc.

I paid 80$ which I think is a fair/good price for what it is, overall its all original everything ,even the tires and the rims and tires are in fantastic shape with a nice bendix rear hub,everything is straight and the rear reflector managed to stay on.

I have allready tore it down , cleaned it and regreased everything on it and put it all back together after cleaning as much rust and crust off this thing these pictures are before photos.

Next issue is the seat is hagard and the spring on one side is broken , and the pedals as you can see are toast. A black schwinn S seat and some repop pedals are being given to me free froma very nice guy. I also need a dang headbadge as I am guessing someone took it as a key chain or something at one point, jerks.

It will be losing the basket, after it gets the new seat and pedals and no basket and a take the after photos (next week) i think it will be a sharp looking bike.I really think the black seat and original black grips will look good on a red and white bike, maybe not but better then the current seat for sure and hey its free.

Well here is is , barn fresh outta my car before tear down,the patina to me is beautiful its just well worn.

attachment.php

008-8.jpg

011-5.jpg

010-6.jpg

009-8.jpg

That looks almost identical to the bike I used for the RRBO5. Part of me still wishes i had just done a patina restore

IMG_1352.jpg

I've got a headbadge for this bike still, really great shape and the screws for it too. PM me if you're interested :)

that looks like a typhoon very sweet bike!

Yes i dig the patina i cleaned any loose rust of the parts put I wont repaint the bike or touch up anything it earned the scars.

I will PM you in a bit thanks alot!

that's the year i was born. i've been thinking of looking for a frame from 1960, just because of a song i used to hear. gillian welch, "pass you by". my location is a line from it. can't afford a car from that year but i might be able to pull off a bike eventually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzHTB0-Gog4

Back