3spd NEXUS 24x3" w/Electra Fatti-O's- Huffman frame too.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
CL was extra good to me today. 3spd Nexus 24x3" w/ Electra Fatti-O's, These popped up and were mine. The guy is a custom builder who was customizing an Electra Ghostrider except he didn't need the wheels for the client. I have another wheelset from him for a good price too.

I have a trade worked up to hopefully get a frame and fork to go with these. (HUFFMAN frame/fork down below.)

0727091703.jpg

downsized_0727091704.jpg

Re: 3spd NEXUS wheelset 24x3" w/Electra Fatti-O's

Best part was the price. About the same as a cheap chrome wheelset from Bikeworldusa without tires.

Re: 3spd NEXUS wheelset 24x3" w/Electra Fatti-O's

No CASH left, so I traded a Schwinn tank for this Huffman frame and parts to easywind. He probably still got the better end, but I got a cool frame for the wheelset and no shipping. Easywind(marc) bought a 500 bikes from somewhere in PA and had them shipped out to Idaho. Pretty amazing pics.

I plan on leaving the paint as is, just clean it up. Got to grind the front axle and assemble. The rear wheel went in easy using another anti-rotation washer I already had.

0727091919.jpg

0727091919a.jpg

deorman said:
Numbers-wise, the tank may be easier money, but I'd rather have a decent frame anyday! :wink:

Me too. I still have the bike where the tank came from. I just don't know if I am a Tank Guy. I like the look of bare frames.

Hey Clancy was that one of those rare steel hubed Nexus 3 speed? :lol: :lol: Gotta love a nexus....really good score I'm big time envious :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey Clancy was that one of those rare steel hubed Nexus 3 speed? :lol: :lol: Gotta love a nexus....really good score I'm big time envious :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Must of been having a brain lapse when I said that.

Started assembling last night. The bellcrank for the shifter was missing. :cry: Hopefully he can find it. Don't have a extra do you?

Ok you lost me there. I'm not sure what a bell crank is. Give me a hint . With 5 three speeds laying around I'm pretty sure I have any part to one.

Bell crank is the part that attaches to the axle and hooks up to the cable. It pushes the shifter rod in and out of the hub.

Don't worry I found one in town for the right price.

Man I saw those on CL too I'm in Emmett I would have got them but I just picked up new tires for the bikes I'm working on. Great deal I spent almost as much on just tires....I have some nice frames I would trade for the right tank too.. soo to bad you traded it off already but if you have more let me know if you want to work something out.

bugsy_malonn said:
Man I saw those on CL too I'm in Emmett I would have got them but I just picked up new tires for the bikes I'm working on. Great deal I spent almost as much on just tires....I have some nice frames I would trade for the right tank too.. soo to bad you traded it off already but if you have more let me know if you want to work something out.

Dang....Looks like I got some competition. Just kidding. Glad to see someone local to me on Ratrodbikes. I will keep you in mind when looking for future projects.

cman said:
CL was extra good to me today. 3spd Nexus 24x3" w/ Electra Fatti-O's, These popped up and were mine. The guy is a custom builder who was customizing an Electra Ghostrider except he didn't need the wheels for the client. I have another wheelset from him for a good price too.

I have a trade worked up to hopefully get a frame and fork to go with these. (HUFFMAN frame/fork down below.)

0727091703.jpg

downsized_0727091704.jpg

does anyone know if the new 24x4.25 tires fit on the electra ghostrider??

Latest posts

Back