'39 Schwinn.....'The Beaver'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a little scenery

fwiw, here's a couple places on the map, just slide scans so excuse the quality. been a lotta years since i've been back.....

ft13.jpg

ft10.jpg

ft3.jpg

all tied up......

some more progress last night and today.

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

Re: 6/7......the gReAT outdoors....

DSC01713.jpg

I gotta know where you got that "DYNO" picture in the background?? And can you score another one...pleeeaaaasssse !

Schweetcruisers said:
Where are those pictures from, it looks like Colorado?

the flattops, over by meeker :D

Re: 6/7......the gReAT outdoors....

jon said:
I gotta know where you got that "DYNO" picture in the background?? And can you score another one...pleeeaaaasssse !

ha! i wish! somebody must have brought it back from interbike, but i don't remember for sure. the big cartoon is cool, the magazine cover style cruiser models along the bottom are smokin' hot :shock: if you're patient, someday i'll get it out of the frame and take some photos.....

I thought it was a "DYNO" catalog i didnt know about. i own 7 dyno's. and yes, no hurry. thanks

jon said:
I thought it was a "DYNO" catalog i didnt know about. i own 7 dyno's. and yes, no hurry. thanks

they did some magazine ads with the girls, but i don't know if it was for consumer or trade magazines. we had a very tame one on a clipboard on the service department wall- swimsuit bottom, t-shirt tied at the midriff, 'aerobics' shoes and ankle socks. a female customer FREAKED when she saw it and demanded a refund on her new bike that hadn't even left the store yet!!! i just looked at her in stunned disbelief- "she's wearing shoes and socks for god's sake" was all i could think of to say........
:lol:

How awesome would it be if you could incorporate a beaver tail into it? Only very.....

Bendix said:
Schweetcruisers said:

Thats cool, it looked familar just couldn't place the location. What bike shop did or do you work at?

Schweetcruisers said:
Bendix said:
Schweetcruisers said:

Thats cool, it looked familar just couldn't place the location. What bike shop did or do you work at?

well i gotta say trapper's peak doesn't look familiar to many folks! i'm just up I-25 in longmont. we ride the platte now and then, but our little st vrain greenway is good for lunch rides :)

hey bendix, what state are you in again? and i dont mean agony eather!!! :lol:

jon said:
hey bendix, what state are you in again? and i dont mean agony eather!!! :lol:

how about 'confusion'....... :D

just waitin'

well, i guess i've gotten this where i want it. decided to keep it at a real, functional, ride anywhere for hours klunker. i've thought about all the things i COULD do, but i don't want to end up looking like a shriner who's been separated from his parade.....got a month for a suitable crankset to come my way and then it's done! here's a not to subtle hint at a last small detail, see ya in august :D

DSC01738.jpg

That thing is beautiful so far. I like the rideability and comfort of your bike. IMO if you can't ride it, why build it.

what the heck, one more picture before it's completely finished. the hardest part of this build may be getting photos where the seat tube panel doesn't wash out with the contrast :D

DSC00102.jpg

Back