'39 Schwinn.....'The Beaver'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
details, details.....

i'm in a picture postin' mood tonight so here's a few of the small things. Still hunting for a good spot for my 'finished' pictures :)

some sticker detail- the water transfer schwinn decal worked better than usual for me. (it's not loose, there's a 1mm spacer under the lockring to protect the aluminum bb adapters)

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

more sweet old 180's! can't spell 'rat' without 'at'

DSC00146.jpg

i hope the painted lever and suede streamers aren't 'too cute'....

DSC00139.jpg

needed a brown toe strap- that was the .1 per cent in the last post. all done now except final photographs :D

DSC00145.jpg

Wow! So this is totally awesome! I was waiting to see how you did the crank. Care to divulge the details? And, I love the color, by the way.

quicksilver said:
Wow! So this is totally awesome! I was waiting to see how you did the crank. Care to divulge the details? And, I love the color, by the way.

it's just a set of mrp conversion cups for running a three piece crankset in an american bb hanger. adapters are available in several different brand names. normally i'd take the easy way out and plug in a shimano cartridge bb, but these cranks needed a longer spindle than what shimano currently offers so it's got a traditional cup & cone setup. the paint is rustoleum from walmart- i spare no expense :wink:

Back