'38 Westfield

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
042410130500.jpg

picked up this bike a few weeks back at a tag sale for $65. It's made by the Westfield Mfg Co - the makers of Columbia. There is no head badge so I don't know how the bike was badged. It's not a Columbia brand. Looks very original. Needs a drop stand (anyone have one for sale? I can't seem to find them) and a front fender light.

Seat is in amazing condition. Fender skirt wires are in great shape. Fenders have some dents. My friend has an english wheel & planishing hammer. Can I smooth out the dents with them?

When I get the time & money I'm going to restore it.

I'm about 1 hr from the birth place of this bike. I kinda like the local connection. I've also collected an old Westfield Rambler kids bike and a '46 Westfield basket case of a womens bike.

NICE BIKE !

I personaly like to do a little custom in bikes but in that bike i would just keep it as is it's got great patina and look's verry original !

great find !

I say keep it like it is too that patina is excellent for a bike that old. Ride it as is enjoy it and show it off every chance you get

tgriffin27 said:
I say keep it like it is too that patina is excellent for a bike that old. Ride it as is enjoy it and show it off every chance you get

:wink:

If the bike wasn't so complete I'd go a more custom route.

I am building up a custom right now. Will post pics as it starts coming together. It's a cheapo Huffy women's cruiser that I got at the scrap yard for $5. Getting it blasted & powder coated a metallic orange. New chrome bits & painting hubs, rims, fenders a vanilla color. Going to have my friend pinstripe the chain guard with the "Dreamsicle" name.

My friend is doing a build now on an old Huffy tandem. Purple & chrome with 140 fan spoke wheels. Will post pics as it comes along too.

Thanks for the comments on the '38!

Back