38 Colson Turned 70's SS Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished this 1938 Colson turned 70's SS style cruiser today. I had abomb over at the Museum make me some SS decals, I just got in some 160mm Haro sealed 3 piece cranks today and got those on. The wheels are double wall Weinemman DH39, heavy 12 gauge spokes with a KT coaster brake, fricken smooth, Kenda gum walls, Al's Rapid Transit bars, Ame cam grips, Solid layback seatpost, best riding bike ever. Running a 44/19 gear and it feels perfect with the 160mm cranks, bike is fast. This is one heavy duty cruiser that I just love to ride. 8)

Nice job, looks great.
Kenny

Thanks Ken! Looking forward to the next ride. :D

That is very cool! I have been doing this style for the last two builds and am going that way with my Manton & Smith build. Simple, clean and good riding what more could you want.

Thanks for the kind words fellas, I've been hooked on the classic bmx cruiser builds for quite a while now, got around 7 or 8 of them spread between the garage and my spare room. I think this is my favorite frame style. 8)

Back