*'36 Road Star*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Got this frame from a member of the CABE and started to get a vision for what I wanted as soon as I unboxed it. It is a '36 Rollfast badged Westfield built Blackhawk/Falcon frame in its original black paint. What perfect way to start than 75 years worth of character. Bought a 24 tooth HP Snyder ladies sprocket off the 'bay and fit it to a dog leg crank. Stuck on a set of chrome triple steps mounted with Good Year Double Eagle tires courtesy of Neccessary Evil. next I used two front fenders from Ladies CWC products and fit them to the frame. The front fit up without alteration while the back was notched for the chain and lower stays. Perched atop the L post is a decent recover of a long spring Messinger saddle. A deco Torringto Alloy stem with a set of bars from a '54 CWC Flying Falcon and I call it finished! The hub out back is a dated '39 hub as it came from a OEM '39 Elgin. It rides like a big ol Buick! Not a canyon carver by any means. Enjoy the pics.

Joe

RoadStar1.jpg

RoadStar2.jpg

RoadStar3.jpg

RoadStar4.jpg

RoadStar5.jpg

RoadStar6.jpg

RoadStar7.jpg

very nice. yep, I think it's done. great job. now get to ridin.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

SWEE BIKE!! LOOKS GREAT. HEY WHY IS IT THAT ALMOST 10 RATTERS LOOKED AT YA BIKE AND SAID NOTHING?!? I JUST DON'T GET IT!! WHERE'S THE LOVE RATTERS. CUE UP THE HOLD STEADY" I'M JUST SAYING" SONG CUZ I'M JUST SAYING AND...GET TA BUILDIN'!! OH AND IF I OFFENDED ANY OF YOU :p ....PEACE

It is a WALD aftermarket from the late 40's/early 50's. I had two of them and sold one to member here I think. Don't remember seeing it on a build, but then I think I have looked at over a thousands pics of bikes on this site! :shock:

Joe

quote="CycleTruck"]Nice! What chain guard is that?[/quote]

yeshoney said:
It is a WALD aftermarket from the late 40's/early 50's. I had two of them and sold one to member here I think. Don't remember seeing it on a build, but then I think I have looked at over a thousands pics of bikes on this site! :shock:

Joe

quote="CycleTruck"]Nice! What chain guard is that?
[/quote]

That guard is really nice! I have a couple of Wald catalogs from the 50s & 60s. They used to make some really NICE stuff. They've really cut back on what they produce and they're on a downward spiral out of the bicycle business. If they would bring back some of their vintage designs, maybe they would be around for a while. Sadly, they don't see these things as good business moves and they haven't had a good new product in ages. They just do not innovate anymore I don't believe that Wald will be around much longer. :(

I'm so wanting that chainguard! I've already done a search on ebay and no luck yet but you can bet I'm going to keep looking :)
Great job on the build btw!

Sweet bike..... Love the bobber look to it!!!!!!!!!

HEY I THINK I STARTED THE BALL ROLLING ON YA POST!! :mrgreen: PEACE

:lol: I MEANT SAYING THAT PEOPLE SHOULD GIVE HIM SOME SHOUT=OUTS. YOU POSTED WHILE I WAS TYPING - NO FAIR :p LOL PEACE

scott brownsey said:
sweet chainguard sure flows with it kool :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
X2 Sweet Ride :mrgreen:

Back