'35 Elgin ... Updated 7-13-2009 ... It's Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: '35 Elgin ... Updated ... IT'S ALIVE!

Thanks. This is my first rebuild of this magnitude. Since I was a kid, I never messed with the paint unless it was just primed and thrown back together. I'm having a total blast with this bike.

awesome! did you ever touch up the spot where the green bled?

stretch said:
awesome! did you ever touch up the spot where the green bled?
Not yet. Sometimes I just live with my mistakes! I think I found some one to stripe for me though.

Looks great. Are those handle bars original? I didn't know they made bolt on crossbars like that.

cman said:
Looks great. Are those handle bars original? I didn't know they made bolt on crossbars like that.
Not sure. They're what was on it but you know how that goes. Can't afford to replate them so they got semi glossed black. Right now the only things I will replace are the grips and tires.

If you're like me, those perfectly decent fenders will come back off, go back on, come back off go back on, etc. etc.... :lol: excellent old bomber, happy cycling! 8)

deorman said:
Then again, they DO hold the stand, maybe even I would leave them alone. :mrgreen:

i dunno, think how cool the sparks would be at night :D

very cool bike! i like that frame style a lot 8)

Rustinkerer said:
OH YEAH, you nailed it!!! :D Makes me want to dig mine out and start workin' on it! (but sooo many projects, ack!)
collection3007.jpg
~Adam
Thats nice! The "V" headbadge is cool!

Latest posts

Back