32" Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I bought a 32" Wally World Genesis from CL with the intention of stripping it for parts, and throwing away the frame. I may try to sell it, or something. Ugly frame. Anyway, I also bought a straight bar J.C. Higgins frame/tank/fork combo from A.S.Boltnut on this site. The plan was to marry the two.
IMG_2123_zpscab5043f.jpg

I wanted the frame to sit basically where it would on 26" wheels, but I ended up dropping it lower than that. Then, I welded on the back end of two frames to get this thing rolling.
IMG_2124_zps5b6eab89.jpg

You might notice that I welded them on in such a way so that with some cutting and grinding, you could restore this frame if you desired to. I'm thinking I'll place some lights or reflectors on the old drops to give them something to do. I then put on some vintage parts I had around the shop, to get it functioning.
IMG_2126_zps31ec690f.jpg

I might give it some apes, might make a laid back seat post, and the bottom of the chain is rubbing on the chain stay, so I might have to put on a derailleur to clear it. I'll then paint it flat black with red or flat red tank.

I absolutely love that low-slung look! Great work, I look forward to the final results!

Another sick science build! That looks insane. I can't wait to see a pic with someone on it for scale reference.

Looks Cool Deven , Like what you did with it so far !

~RafaeL~

Mister, you are simply MAD.....Mad I tell you...... Brilliant!

Looking great.

The derailer and coatersbrake will not work. Make an idler pulley as suggested above. Something like this one but push the chain down instead of pulley it up.

022_zps4b0fcaff.jpg

Back