3 Speed tibetan buddhisturmey archer lowrider build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I actually just had a question that I wanted to ask for my current build but decided it would be nice to share the current progress pics of my first lowrider build. My question is if anyone has the "Sturmey archer" logo on the front of this kind of t-bar shifter that i could print out and stick on, or if someone could get a really straight-on picture of the original logo.

I have detailed progress pics as well, but they're nothing fancy, just wheel building, painting, tapping two 5mm holes in the top tube to bolt the shifter on, that sort of thing.

Future plans are to possible change that "handbrake" i've put on the banana seat (its just an experiment), another coat of paint (this is just a mockup basically), rust removal with wire brush ( i reckon all this chrome is going to come up well, given how well the chrome that i've already attacked has come up), maybe some different handlebars, a clamp for that front drum brake (not on properly), MAYBE a change of banana seat (its going to be an experiment to see how comfortable it is with the springer seatpost, either will get a new one or covel it in vinyl and put a light coast of padding under it), lowering that t-bar plastic housing to the level of the top tube (its floating too high).

I think thats it for now.

If anyone has access to that sturmey logo on the t-bar shifter i'm really keen to hear about it.

Cheers
Rodney

some info on the inspiration: the wooden skulls are actually tibetan prayer beads, and the design on the chainring says "cyclic existence" (3 times repeated and looped on itself). if anyone understands buddhist theory and cosmology, the fact that i have built wheels using the prayer beads is quite a hilarious/profound act. "cycle of samsara" "cycle of existence" "karmic cycle" etc, i built the wheel of suffering, this could mean several things. cycling is actually a form of meditation for the record as well.

om mani padme hung, pedal your way to nirvana. nice bike too, was that a double shift? I'd love to clone something like that for my bike.

nwlee said:
om mani padme hung, pedal your way to nirvana. nice bike too, was that a double shift? I'd love to clone something like that for my bike.

"double shift"?

I ride it for the first time 5 minutes ago, and the seat with the spring works great without padding, the brake on the front is almost enough in itself to stop you at great speed, and the "handbrake" is fantastic, for anyone who wonders. That said, I'm unnaturally coordinated from kung fu.

Still need help on that logo for the T-bar guys :(

Considering doing a custom logo but i dunno.

I have created a head badge custom which I'm going to use, rivet on after bending it a bit.

right i'm still getting ignored.

not sure if i'm going to use that coin, i originally made it to sit on the shifter which i've now decided to sand back.

here is the current progress, any suggestions?

Niiiice! While I (and many others here) find a lot of Zen in building bikes and cleaning up old parts, I hadn't thought of actually building it into a bike! -Adam

Latest posts

Back