3/16 cog rear sprocket hub needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i am in europe and recently bought a frame from a 1990s Columbia cruiser reissue from the USA.
It came with an unusual wide front sprocket, in the meantime i learned that it needs a 3/16 chain which i have already bought because its a common size for mopeds over here.

However to use this front sprocket and chain i would need a (36 spokes) rear hub with a sprocket/cog for a 3/16 chain.
I asked the ebay seller from whom i bought the frame and he is trying to find something, in the meantime i thought i ask here too.

If it was a vintage one it would have to be restored and ready to use, of course i am not able to find parts to restore an exotic US made hub here in europe. also i wondered if theres a new hub with 3/16 cog available because at single speed/fixed gear websites or stores sometimes the 3/16 chain is mentioned - however not a hub/sprocket.

And generally i wonder where you - even in the US find parts like headsets and cranksets for these old frames some of which seem to have rather unusual sizes. I tried to search the web for sources but could not find anything. (for example the headset on this columbia frame (which i luckily have) seems to be a rather unusual size also)

thank you, maybe someone has sth. for sale (remember would have to be shipped to europe) or a hint for another solution or a dealer that could help.

If that whole matter gets too complicated i think i would rather use a new front crankset and sprocket and a common 1/2x1/8 chain.

Back