2nd Bike-Frankie's Urban Rat...Finished Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this is not a well documented build. Between floods, work, weddings and such I can't believe I got this much done.

My friend Frankie saw my first ride and asked me to make him one. I got a cheap huffy P.O.S. and went to town.
He lives in Chicago so I went for an Urban Assault Vehicle design. The milkcrate is removable so he can use the bike for other purposes. It's a simple bike but designed to be very functional as a daily driver. Some of the pics were taken with my phone, the quality is so-so.

august2008001.jpg

Here are the finished pics. I just need to add a red chain guard and it will be done.
august2008007.jpg

august2008008.jpg

august2008006.jpg

I swear I was given the milkcrate.
august2008005.jpg

Re: 2nd Bike-Frankie's Urban Rat

Sweet! I really love the simplicity of this bike. Huffys are great for this kind of project. I just did a daily use Huffy bike for my Daughter... although the colors were radically different. Love the Black / Red combo... a classic! Great job.

Re: 2nd Bike-Frankie's Urban Rat

nice job, i would ride that anytime. looks bad to the bone.

Outlaw 8)

dirtydoll250 said:
The chain guard is def the finishing touch. :D
Lookin good! I can't wait to finish mine!

Be careful I started with one, now I have six and had several come and go. All the neighbors come to me to fix their bikes and my hands are always greasy. Good thing my wife likes the smell of grease :D

Looks good. Im really digging the idea of the removable milk crate on the rack. I have been wondering the best way to get beer home from the gas station with a flat rack, looks like I found it here, awesomeness!

bring.doom said:
Looks good. Im really digging the idea of the removable milk crate on the rack. I have been wondering the best way to get beer home from the gas station with a flat rack, looks like I found it here, awesomeness!

Toknow that something I did is helping people get beer to their homes safely is, well, just touching. :cry:

Back