26" Rat Build wheel question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I am doing a Rat Build that i want to parallel the look of Rat rods. The rusted, lowered, white wall tires. I want to take it to the rat rod shows and have all the rat rod guys wanting it to haul in the back of their rat trucks for shows.

The question stands as... What wheels are a good choice to get a wide tire that is actually treaded some what to prevent stickers from ruining a ride? Currently has 26" wheels with some 1 3/8ths race tires on it. So wide wheels and wide white walls are a must. Also If necessary i can go down to 24" wheels if the tires recommended for the look are the really large 3"+ tires. Which i kinda prefer. Also if it is not to much to ask i would like a geared hub...

Maybe a 26"x 1.75" cruiser wheelset? The tire choices are endless and they come in all kinds of widths. You can get them with three speed hubs pretty easy.

What do you have for a bike? And what look are you after?

It is a schwinn cantilever frame, stock uncut. I am just looking for a ratrod theme. I have a bent springer fork on it and looking for a springer seat to replace the banana seat on it. wheels i just need something that will make a good red rim and rust the spokes a bit with white walls, the bike will be motorized though. So a strong wheel is a must.

Back