26" coaster brake

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody point me in the right direction of a good quality 26" alloy coaster brake rim? I am thinking about just building one myself but its been 30 years since the last wheels I built and I just don't seem to have that much time anymore
Thanks Bart(crosley)

Depends on what ISO you're building. I just built my first wheel a week ago; it was an ISO 590 rim and I bought the Sun Ringle CR-18 (which, as far as I can tell, may be the only ISO 590 alloy rim on the market). The wheel came out beautifully. I would highly recommend that rim if that is the ISO you're going for; I believe Sun Ringle makes equivalent rims for other ISO's in the 26" range as well.

You may want to wait a bit. Sturmey-Archer's S1C roller-assisted coaster hub should be released soon, and if the advertising is to be believed, this will result in a heavier-duty, better-stopping "adult" CB experience.

I think that, although he's used the term "rim", the OP wants a complete wheel. For new production stuff, I'd go for something with an alloy rim and a Shimano cb-e110 hub.

Gowjobs, I have my worries about the new/upcoming s1c... first off, they messed around and spaced it at 116mm. Goobers. Second of all, they've been promoting it for awhile, but I've yet to see any offered for sale. Thirdly, aluminum hubshells mixed with SS coaster brake? Makes me nervous. Last of all, rollers in c/bs are nothing new. That's how Fichtel&sachs/original SA s1c/Perry/Favorit/Velosteel hubs operated. None of these are known for having awesome braking ability, although they do coast well. I'm mostly intrigued by the m10 axle, and I have to admit that I'll have to buy one to see how I like it, plus I cannot resist ano colors....

Back