26" BMX Build UPDATE 6-8-11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not sure if this belongs in this forum or not so if the mods need to delete or move it I understand.

I wanted to do a 26" BMX build for a while. I got this 80's mountian bike frame and fork from MikeS at Vintage Bicycle Supply. I like the lines and think it will look cool as a bmx
1zgqao9.jpg

The forks had a little rust on the dropouts so I have them soaking in wood bleach
kbsnco.jpg

Im going to use some 180 redline cranks that I had in a parts bin
v3kntd.jpg

And I have a set of Araya rims that i want to polish up and get relaced with some anno red high flange bmx hubs. I also have a new sticker set for the rims
b545yb.jpg

I have a red anno headset on the way from porkchopbmx.com I have some other parts I need to collect but this should be a fun build

Re: 26" BMX Build

waiting for some parts to arrive. After I cleaned the fork up and got the new headset on I found out the sterrer tube was too short so I had to order a new fork. I have a few parts coming from porkchop too including the red/skinwall tires. The budget for this one is not too high so I am going to use some right now parts until I can afford what I want. Update with pics coming in a couple days though. I have a cool chainring/spider combo coming in the mail.

Got some parts in and here is a mock up to check the geometry. I love these gumwall tires. And these are the old forks, not the ones I'm wating for
1432428.jpg

I got these hubs and will get them laced in the araya hoops

red hubs by Papas & Nic, on Flickr

My GT Stem for the build. I might paint it with that paint that looks like its anodized.

mallet stem by Papas & Nic, on Flickr

This is the outer chainring. I got it from porkchopbmx.com (I love that site, they have the best customer service) The inside spider should be here soon, Im pretty excited about it.

chainring by Papas & Nic, on Flickr

Don't get me started about pork chop! They have helped me out so much so many times. Its nice having much a huge vintage BMX dealer right down the street. I don't have trouble finding what I need if you know what I mean, I just wish Justin would hang out over here a little more rather than the BMX museum...oh well

Great Project. Like it a lot!

Here's how it sits now. The bars are not gt, they are s&m but the sticker was trashed and I had a spare gt coon sticker
I have more parts in the way and u need to get the wheels relaced. It's a fun build, can't wait tonride it
a6cd8a0d-f669-7340.jpg

Looking great so far!

I bet you could swap out the chain ring for a Porkchop Chopsaw and you'd get the bmx look.

Latest posts

Back