25 FREE bikes in the last 3 days

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So, I've been putting the word out even more that I take bikes of any size/shape/gender/etc. Plus, a friend has been helping out. We are going to start giving bikes to kids, we already had about 3-5 ready to give away, now we got alot of work.

Of the bikes in the photos below, there are about 4-5 that I already had before this week (kids bikes and tall bike), there is one bike that isn't in the picture, an aluminum USA Raleigh M-80 mountain bike. My friend already took it to upgrade his bike. The Haro will be mine to replace my 20". Any bikes we keep we will replace for kids with bikes we already have or we will give a donation to our "co-op" to buy tubes, chains, pedals, etc... for the bikes.

I will be making a donation for the Huffy cruiser for my wife. Some of these bikes were given to us from a years stay in a shed owned by official city people. :wink: Most of these were able to ridden from the shed to our cars.

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

We also have enough damaged stuff for parts and projects. There are the makings of a 24" BMX, a kids tandem, and a swingbike.

I have a perfectly good little girls bike that is rideable as it sits. If you have an outlet to give them away, I would like to bring it by so some little girl gets a bike. Right now it is just sitting behind my shed.

Jeff

rrednek said:
I have a perfectly good little girls bike that is rideable as it sits. If you have an outlet to give them away, I would like to bring it by so some little girl gets a bike. Right now it is just sitting behind my shed.

Jeff

This is the one you picked up when you had the neighbor move or clean out the garage, still has the paper sales tag in the wheel. That would be great. We are going to use word of mouth to find deserving kids. We will end up with bikes ready to go, bikes for repair, bikes for parts, bikes for scrap, and bikes for Justin. :mrgreen:

There is a really ugly girls mountain bike in the group that someone put a Shimano coast brake wheel on it, rim is straight... you still need?

Nice! ANY late-model Western Flyers in there by chance? :D

im sure u guys have a food pantry in ur area ...thats where i give some of my bikes away ..i go there tell him what size n style u have 2 give away and he runs a "want" sheet ....2 weeks later i take em up there ....i love it !!! makin a kid happy with a free bike makes me good !!!!

mikesbikes36 said:
im sure u guys have a food pantry in ur area ...thats where i give some of my bikes away ..i go there tell him what size n style u have 2 give away and he runs a "want" sheet ....2 weeks later i take em up there ....i love it !!! makin a kid happy with a free bike makes me good !!!!

This is a good idea, but we will be focusing on word of mouth through church members and friends, hopefully they can spy out neighbor kids and others that they see a need so that nobody will take advantage of the charity (which happens alot around here).

Back