24" Pig Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been toying with the idea of making a 24", skiptoothed, ape and nanner style bike for about 6 months now. After several attempts, different paints, and a frame change or two, I feel I have finally nailed the look and ride I was going for.

There were several issues that arrived while making this ride, I had to piece together about 4 chains, make things fit, and wait on the right parts to be able to wrap things up, I took forever to find a seat that I felt looked best.

I was going polish the frame to match the apes, fenders, chainring and stem, but I figured that it looked great the way it was, bare metal but with some rust, I feel the coontail and seat material match the rustiness lol. The ride is GREAT, especially with a larger rear sprocket and longer crank, makes pedaling a breeze.

ve5eha3e.jpg

guvugezy.jpg

uqy4u5yh.jpg

e2e6ymen.jpg

y7e6y7y8.jpg

be5a9uby.jpg

I'm going to get some small pin striping done on the fenders soon, and I'm waiting for my headlight to arrive, other than that. I'm calling it done.

I Like It!!!!!! Great Job :cool2::cool2:
Reminds me of my first "Muscle/Pig Bike" my Dad built for me in '65. We went to the bike shop and bought the "Hi-Rise" handle bars, new stem, and "Banana" seat. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of it and my little brother is standing right in front of it hiding the "Mattel V-RROOM". You can just see the on/off switch on the handle bar above his head. :grin:

I Like It!!!!!! Great Job :cool2::cool2:
Reminds me of my first "Muscle/Pig Bike" my Dad built for me in '65. We went to the bike shop and bought the "Hi-Rise" handle bars, new stem, and "Banana" seat. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of it and my little brother is standing right in front of it hiding the "Mattel V-RROOM". You can just see the on/off switch on the handle bar above his head. :grin:

Thanks man!

That pic of your old bike is awesome, I looked around for seat like the one you have mounted for a long time, never found one at a reasonable price though.

Great job! I like it, and this from a guy who's not always a fan of banana seats. I think it looks really good in this case.
Thank you,

I wasn't a fan at first but they have really grown on me.

I try and keep them flowing with the top tube, makes me tolerate them lol...

Latest posts

Back