24" and 26" Jerald Slick Tires (Square Tread)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White walls are sweet!!! I have a weird feeling that these will be very sought after and perhaps collectible...it being the ONLY white wall square tread slicks available :D :D :D I know I'm good for a pair.

One of those 26" whitewalls would look KILLER on the Auction Rat build, anyone want to contribute $$$ to the cause to purchase one?
rustrocket_def_2.jpg

PM me for details on giving...

Cheers!
Dr. T

HotRodRob said:
Mine are right on 2.125 wide but the 1.5 wide tread width makes it look fatter I think.

EDIT* I got 2.37 wide when measured with calipers.

These tires will be 26 x 2.125, but as you can see they actually measure a little on the wide side.

Thanks Rob!

Rat Rod said:
That's good news Tim...pre-ordering is the safest way to go.

It would be helpful for the folks here to know what kind of quantity it is that you are looking at to be able to place an order.

If they know how many have to be ordered, more folks will be apt to step up and order a few for the cause. :wink:

Steve gets some free shoes for his rides for having such a kick ... (love the censor) site, but I will need to order a few hundred to get the ball rolling. Once I get a pre-order set up (and some sales from local bike shops) we'll be able to get these bad boys on the streets across the US (and Canada).

:D Let's party! :D

Alright Rat Rodders.... as we all eagerly await more details on the whitewall tires I will make one final push on the free shipping offer... I will continue to offer free shipping on a pair of our blackwall tires through the end of this week (10/29) only! If you are in Canada then I will work with you on shipping...all you have to do is call.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of these phemomenal builds with our tires!

Tim

C'mon folks...put your money where your mouth is and order a few of these from Tim.

The more interest he sees, the more likely he'll be to make that order for the whitewalls. :wink:

I just bought my 24"Jerald last month... it'll be at least December until I even think about my next project, though I'm thinking it may well roll on a Jerald... or TWO. I'm definitely down for a pair when he's ready to take the pre-orders.

Can someone tell me the PSI max on these? Also has anyone used them on a high speed application? I need them to handle 100mph at least.

I just found out about these yesterday and after reading the blog it seems the deal on free shipping ends Friday! I will be calling before then to order as many as I can afford. I could care less about white walls but if they became available I would buy a few of those as well just to hold on to. I am currently beginning a 614cc v-twin motorbike build. It will be styled more along the lines of an antique motorcycle with a lot of board track influence. I will be using 26x2.5 motorcycle tires on this project but I also want to build a drag bike using the same engine and these Jerald slicks look like the perfect drag tire for that project. I hope they can handle high speeds because cart racers claim to get close to 140mph with the engine I will be using.

Thank you for the great offer on these tires I hope everyone takes advantage of the deal!

COunt me in on a pair of WHitewalls.

Joe

Cyclus Nocturn said:
I just found out about these yesterday and after reading the blog it seems the deal on free shipping ends Friday! I will be calling before then to order as many as I can afford. I could care less about white walls but if they became available I would buy a few of those as well just to hold on to. I am currently beginning a 614cc v-twin motorbike build. It will be styled more along the lines of an antique motorcycle with a lot of board track influence. I will be using 26x2.5 motorcycle tires on this project but I also want to build a drag bike using the same engine and these Jerald slicks look like the perfect drag tire for that project. I hope they can handle high speeds because cart racers claim to get close to 140mph with the engine I will be using.

Thank you for the great offer on these tires I hope everyone takes advantage of the deal!

I'm no expert but BICYCLE tires and HORSE CART Racing tires don't usually get up to that type of speed ..... unless you or your horse are juicin'. Even then I wouldn't advise using these tires. Motorcycle Tires work great on motorcycles though. :D

Like I said I am using motorcycle tires for my current build but to my knowledge no one makes a 24 or 26 inch motorcycle drag slick... So I guess I will put these to the test!

Cyclus Nocturn said:
Like I said I am using motorcycle tires for my current build but to my knowledge no one makes a 24 or 26 inch motorcycle drag slick... So I guess I will put these to the test!

Check Jerald before putting them on anything that is gonna exceed the recommended speed of the tires! Don't be stupid and jeopardize your life or what Jerald is trying to do for the bicycle hobby!
Like I said, MOTORCYCLE TIRES ARE MADE FOR MOTORCYCLES! If you can't find motorcycle slick that size, then there's probably a good reason!

Back