20inch Leaf suspension fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need a little help i want to build a leaf spring fork, or least thats what im looking for, so i want to cut up my stock fork to fit a 4inch wide wheel and make it a leaf suspended fork, where would i be able to get leaf spring? from a junk yard car?

I live on Cape Cod and there is plenty of boat trailer places around and boat trailers don't last in salt water. I never got more than 5 years on an axle set up so I would buy just axle with springs and would give me another 5 years where I would trash the whole trailer and start new. Most likely they will sell only pairs but maybe they have some good used ones that they would have tossed. Camper trailer outlets. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_trailers-trailer-parts+trailer-springs

Graylock

I am still in the process of building a leaf spring fork. I bought some leaf springs that come off of a golf cart. I found the springs on ebay. They seem to be just the right size (after you cut them in half) and they were fairly cheap.

Gilbert

heres a pic of one that hank Young made for one of his motorcycles. Hopefully it can give you some ideas of how to make one

t0gvsw.jpg

I didn't see this earlier or I would have said to use a golf cart leaf spring.I drive a golf cart at work and I've been looking at the leafs and it just seems fitting. Now get it done and show us pics!!! :D

Latest posts

Back