2014 Get-A-Grip

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep up the nice work on my bike!

dorr, when you cut and paste from photobucket, use the code that says direct and you'll get full size images.

DSCN0914_zpsd1edc5c8.jpg

th_DSCN0922_zps1428190f.jpg

Well I have been side tracked as I have been building a 68 Chevy truck SWB. I wanted something to haul bikes around in this summer. However, I did get back on the bike this week. I have sent the chain guard off to the powder coaters and will be done in black. The seat post is being cut and welded back together to move the seat back closer to the rear fender. Last night I made the template for the wood that will go between the frame and the rear fender. If things go as planned I will cut out the wood and get it stained so it can be mounted, pick up and install the seat and chain guard, mount the chain and get closer to the finish. I have been unsuccessful in finding a brook seat at a steal. This is a giveaway bike to raise money in the fight against cancer and hate to have a $100 in the seat. I still have a month to keep looking for the right seat. Thanks for the interest and see you at the show.

It was nice to see so many of you in Dallas GA yesterday for the swap meet. Those that were there got to see the giveaway bike up close and appreciate all the great comments. I have several really wanting to take this jewel home. I have the chain guard on, I have the new wood piece mounted near the rear fender, and have the seat post refigured and on the bike so it is really taking shape. I hope to post more pictures soon. The 24X3 rear tire is wanting to ever so slightly rub the chain and may need the wheel adjusted over by offsetting the wheel from the hub. I may leave this up to winner to decide the best option but in my opinion its the best giveaway bike yet so I will have my work cut out for me next year. Once again, it was great to see each of you there and thanks for the great comments on the show. See you in a month and tell a friend.

Before I start let me say the bike is finished except for putting our GET-A-GRIP logo on the bike. I road it for the first time today in the large parking lot of the Chickamauga Dam in Chattanooga TN. I was able to get the chain away from the tire but the rear tire is really to fat for the frame. But because it looks so good I can not make myself change it out for a smaller tire. The bike does ride and pedal and I think it will make anyone proud who takes it home from our show.

The bike turned out in some ways better than I had anticipated. In fact I have finally named it: 1939 Harley Davidson "Win-Wood" I hope you catch the pun on the name for some one will win some nice wood that day at the show. The bike now has a working headlight, and a rear light from a motorcycle that someone could make work it so wanted. The TN tag is dated March 2014 and sports the name, "WIN-WOOD". The head badge is a beautiful Harley decal.

Now I have tried clicking left and right on photo bucket, I have tried double clicking and still cannot get the URL to display so I can load a larger picture. Anyway here is a few pictures of the bike as it looks now but in small form. Could you be the one taking this home? You must be present to win, So I hope to see you there!

Thanks to the Renaissance Man for taking care of the pictures.

Bike shows are popping up everywhere and truly love the new energetic following in the bike scene. With this in mind, we look forward to seeing you at our show in Cleveland. I have loved the automotive hobby for years and spent a life time going to car shows. During this time I have learned a few things that it takes to make a great show and have tried to incorporate those into this show. We are centrally located just 25 miles north of Chattanooga right off I-75. Cleveland is a beautiful town with lots of brand new hotels at exit 27 off I-75. Please see our ad under events. The proceeds of this event benefit the American Cancer Society. We look forward to seeing you there.

Sorry guys but had to do one more hit before our show this weekend in TN. You must be present to win and the gates open at 10 am March 22, 2014. I have a video crew coming to make a killer video to post on YouTube and to show everyone how we do it in TN. I have had a huge response this year already and don't forget it is rain or shine so someone will take this bike home. Since last year they have extended our Greenway another couple of hundred yards on the north end to make even a longer ride this year. There will be a special treat at the end for all of those poker run participants that was not there last year. What else can I say other than I hope to see you here in TN this Saturday.

Latest posts

Back