2012 Bike resolutions?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two for this year.

1. Focus on quality versus quantity.

2. Build one bike per month.

-john

what's yours?

I haven't made a resolution out of it, but I like your first one, quite a bit. I've just recently decided to dump some experimental builds I've been doing, to focus on stuff that will actually sell.

Ah, I do have one. Mine is to get this hobby to a point where it pays for itself.

just having gotten in from a 5 mile frigid ride in the 31 degree snowy day, I think: buy more bikes and RIDE MORE. Just not sure when I will have time to use my bassboat. Seems work gets in the way of enjoying hobbies. Last year I bass fished saturdays, and rode with the wife on sunday.

To use my new welder to build an awesome chopper and maybe a tandem. Oh and a Burrito.
Might even make a tall bike.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
do more group rides.

This is good.

I need to finish 3 projects and get rid of several. Also need to get rid of a few completed bikes I don't ride.

I have two:

1. To get mine finished and set up the way I want. (There's too much that needs to be done to list here)

2. To build my brother a bike just like the one he had when he was a kid;and surprise him for his birthday in June..

Forgot to add:To use my bike to help me quit smoking.

Need to figure out how to get more bike buying money,...My net worth ain't quite what it used to be. :arrow: :?

To add:

I'd like to ride more, I feel I didn't ride at all, which is probably why i gained weight.

I'd also like to sell less of my personal bikes. Which involves getting a new job...haha

I would like to try to organize the custom bike enthusiests in my area. I live at the beach, and see quite a few other custom home built bikes. All we ever do is give each other the nod when passing.

It would be nice to get us together for some kind of ride.

The next time I see one, I'm actually going to stop and say "hi nice bike"

1)Publish and organize a custom cruiser/chopper/rat bike, bike ride in the local paper; start a club from those that show-up.
2)Buy only used bike parts and frames from the early 70’s and back (brake handles, handlebars, etc) to install on the builds.
3)Purchase a bike rack for the car.

Get my family on bikes more....trips to church, store, school.

Continue to ride most everyday.

Start commuting by bike again. I stomp around on cement tile floor all day and my knees hurt. I can either ride, or work. But fridge it, I just need to man up.

My #1 resolution is to always ride more….I did about 3500 miles last year.

over the winter, my goal is to train indoors at least 3 times a week.

Get my 10 mile Time Trial time under 27:00....22.25mph avg is my goal.

Do at least three self supported weekend tours.

Commute more….

Do some of the local “vintage” rides.

When it comes to collecting bikes….as someone else said…focus on quality and not quantity.

Back