2011 New Belgium Fat Tire Felt Cruiser - Found and bought X2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There is this really neat convenience store nearby that had lots of locally sourced foods/snacks, craft beers, and a very good selection of baked sweets. On the side of the store is a restaurant with beer on tap and a wine bar. It is a very peculiar convenience store, but I love the food and my wife and I have gone in to eat a couple of times since we discovered it about a month ago. Over the bar area, they have this hanging from the ceiling:

Last time I went in, I asked about it and if it was for sale. The lady working the counter went back to ask the owner and came back with $1700! Sounds like the kind of price you throw out when someone doesn't want to sell an item. I was hoping they didn't know the value of the bike and had won it so I might be able to score it for a song. I had a pocket full of cash that day would would have thrown down had the price been right. The 2011 N.B. Felt was my favorite. Next time I go in there, I am tempted to ask if they want to trade my 50s Higgins for it. That Higgins in its current state isn't road worthy and much more suited to hang as a display piece.

I'd say they would not want your Higgins. The NB is a "beer bike", which goes well hanging in a bar. Your Higgins don't have anything to do with drinkin'. Gary

You can ocassionally find that bike for sale on eBay. Usually from people who won them or liquor stores selling offf their promo inventory to make way for new stuff.

I'm no expert, but I think you can get those for $400-$600 if you look over the next few months.

I had one last year that I picked up on CL for $225 and sold on ebay for $750.
Good luck, they are very cool bikes.

Well, my luck has changed because I picked up a matching pair of the 2011 20th Anniversary NB cruisers tonight. The craigslist ad title was simply "Awesome Bikes for sale" and the text of the ad said the exact same thing, so I assumed they had more than one of the same bike. Turns out, the seller's ex purchased them at a garage sale and she ended up with them in the divorce. I doubt many people even clicked on the ad because they would have sold in an instant in this town. I managed to work my bundling magic and get a deal on both.

I am amazed at the quality of these now that I am up close and able to touch them. None of the big Felt dealers in town carry their bikes, so I haven't been this close to one. So pumped!

Wicked score! CONGRATS!!!

Back