2011 Armed Forces Huffy Cranbrook

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started with a plain old Huffy Cranbrook and so far have changed the handlebars, added a rear rack, painted the frame flat OD green, added a headlight, and added a painted springer fork.

It's not done yet (and much better pics to come), but I thought I'd share a little bit. Next up is to paint the wheels and fenders, add on some kind of ammo can or army satchel for storage, and just a bunch of assorted odds and ends. I'm planning on hitting up the army surplus store up tomorrow for some inspiration. I'm not going for a bike that looks military issue, I'm going for one that is "military style" but still has a little chrome and other nice bits.

img9537n.jpg

Went by the surplus store and bought tons of cool little bits today. Gonna put it all together and paint the wheels later today and post up some pics ;)

Cool build. I came across some army phones last weekend and didn't buy them. I should have for a future build.

now if I could just find something to act as a spacer in between the top crown and the springer.

maxsideburn said:
now if I could just find something to act as a spacer in between the top crown and the springer.
i had an old springer once that needed a spacer i used a skate board truck bushing....

I ran into the same problem with the springers on my Cranbrook build. Since I was using wood details, I made wooden spacers by drilling out the center with a 1" forstner bit and then using a 1 5/8" hole saw to cut the outer diameter of the spacer. Maybe you could achieve the same effect with something more durable, like some sort of harder plastic.

Back