2010 Schwinn Panther frame $27 @ Nashbar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So not really a "find" actually it "found" me (I would guess thru Google ad)
but a couple days ago popup ads started shown up for Bike Nashbar, featuring 2010 Schwinn Panther bare frames for $27.
So I thought cool maybe order one and other stuff - get the free shipping too, right?
Well I was wrong, price in cart was $49 + $22 to ship! So after seeing these ads over and over, I emailed Nashbar, asking if I needed
s coupon code to get the deal ( I never bought from them before). Get response from customer service "the frames are $49, sorry for the
Confusion." Well, the ads keep popping up, so I'm curious if you have dealt with Nashbar before?
Seems to me if you advertize you should honor the price - or at least kill the ad.
nashbarad12-11-14_zpsbbd6cb99.jpg

I've bought some basic tools from Nashbar before and found them to be trustworthy. My items were also on discount+coupon code and the prices were honored at that time. Maybe this was Black Friday pricing and is expired now? In that event, I agree they should kill the ad, which unfortunately is delivered through a third party, Criteo.

On the Nashbar page proper, it says the item doesn't qualify for free shipping due to its size and weight. Again, the pop-up ad is a bit misleading on that.

Yes, you think they would kill the ad, but its still here! on the bottom of this page on my screen. lol:dance2:
nashbarad12-11-142_zps2708bbdf.jpg

Also note that the frame probably doesn't come with a fork. On an MTB, I can understand, because the frame would be mated with a front shock from a different company. But on a cruiser, I'd expect the matching fork to come with it.

Also note that the frame probably doesn't come with a fork. On an MTB, I can understand, because the frame would be mated with a front shock from a different company. But on a cruiser, I'd expect the matching fork to come with it.

Yeah, me too... unless we're talking about a brand-new frame under $50. Then, i might understand if there's no fork.

Beware, when some RRB members bought the same basic frame in the white colorway, they were surprised/dismayed to find that the goofy cup holder isn't included, either.... which leaves a big, bizarre gap in the top tube.

Great price, I guess, but I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole. Chuckz keeps blowing out retired industrial bikes, which are overbuilt, made of steel and typically bereft of the gimmicky crap that clutters the lines of most modern cheap frames...

Back