2007 Midwest Bicycle Fest

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MWfestGreenSm.jpg

Sunday, September 30th. Riggs Park, Haysville, Kansas

Just some of what to expect this year...

• Kustom and Antique Bikes on Display
    Odd and Unusual Bikes to ride
    Door Prizes
    Food
    Parade Ride
    Lowride Limbo
    Raffle for a chance to win a one of a kind "Rat Rod" bike being built on site by "Diabolical Dan"
    Peoples Choice Award
    Skid Contest
    Live Music
    and More!

www.MidwestBicycleFest.com

Bicyclerick said:
Hey Randy, What does the shirts look like this year?

I don't know. I have someone else doing the posters and shirts this year. The shirt design is not done yet. I think it will be similar to the poster though.

Hey do you know if Von Mex will be there this year? If so I could promote it and try to get him some business if he wants.

Yes he will be there. We are meeting up early that morning and following each other down. I've already told him to not forget his paints. He just finished another set of fenders for me, Its a project I'm working on just for your festival. I also am having him do a set of fenders to put on display in my shop to promote his work. I will tell him about you promoting him and am sure he'll appriciates it. He will also be at my swap and show the following weekend. Hope you can make it up.

Ok I'll promote that there will be a pin striper on site. Maybe he can set up a special area for doing this. Wonder if he has some kind of sign he can set up?

If you talk to him and he wants me to promote this a special way let me know.

Thanks.

06bikefest_parade.jpg

last years "parade ride"

Randy I talked to Bobby today, and he's going to bring his paints. He said he hopes its not as windy as last year, that its hard to stripe in the wind.

Hey Randy, I'm counting the days until the bikefest. There will be a good turnout from the spokesman and rye cycles the lowrider club. We are leaving home around 5am and should be in haysville around 9. See you then. Rick

Randy, I don't know if Gigs got ahold of you today, but check your mail in the next couple of days! Just a little sumthin' for the cause!

Hope you have a great show!
Chainy

Just a last minute reminder.
The Midwest Bicycle Fest is this Sunday.
Weather permitting this will be the best fest yet!
Rain or Shine the fest will go on. Should it be raining we do have a building near by where we can seek shelter and still talk bikes, eat, give away all the fabulous prizes and the rat rod raffle bike.
So don't let the threat of rain keep you away.

See Ya Sunday!!

Midwest Bicycle Fest Website: http://midwestbicyclefest.com

I just got home from the bike fest, and it was worth the 200 mile drive to go to it. Thanks Randy for putting on another fantastic show. I will be there again next year. Heres a few pics for those that couldnt make it.

Midwestbikefest032.jpg

Midwestbikefest010.jpg

Midwestbikefest008.jpg

Midwestbikefest009.jpg

Midwestbikefest027.jpg

Midwestbikefest016.jpg

Midwestbikefest015.jpg

Midwestbikefest013.jpg

Midwestbikefest022.jpg

hmmm, looks like white tires are getting VERY popular... :)

Amazing variety of bikes. Those Silver Kings all polished up are cool. The red tires make them look even better.

Thanks Rick. You guys are the icing on the cake. And Jon has had a little gift for me each time you've come down. Thanks again Jon.
Despite the usual high winds and the brief downpour it was a great time. It always seems I'm so busy (doing what I don't know) that I don't get to visit and check out the bikes. Course this year I think we spent the bulk of our time giving out all the great prizes we had.

We had kustom and classic bikes to view and vote on, unusual bikes to ride, tons of door prizes, free hot dogs, t-shirts, limbo, skid contest, a little bit of live music and a parade ride. oh and the kid who had to be rescued when they rode off down into the creek. Still don't know the whole story on that.

Here's a few highlights. A recap of the event and a lot more photos can be found here http://locojoe.com/bikefest/index.php?/ ... Recap.html

People's Choice winners Kustom and Classic class.
pic075.jpg

Dangerous Dan building the Rat Rod bike we raffled off for $1 a chance. you can't see it but he extended the rear drop outs and that's a 24x3 in the back
pic001.jpg

The winner of the raffle who just happened to be one of the Spokesman from KC.
pic064.jpg

Skid contest.
Picture028-1.jpg

Probably the tallest guy at the event, my friend Dan won limbo on his kustom limbo bike. He also won the skid contest (different bike though).
pic045.jpg

Kids pin striping my RRBO1 chalk board bike.
pic083.jpg

Please check out the website as there are a lot more cool bike and event photos. There's also a link to some cool photos from a lot better photographer than me.

Latest posts

Back