20" low bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been wantin to build one of these like that famous kid on his low bike...
put this together today from a bunch of parts using a Sears-Roebuck 20" for the main frame; rides ok but having chain alignment problems rite now,gotta move the crank housing up a bit as you can see the chain is riding on the rear stay....fix that tomoro, hopefully.
bikelow20007.jpg

...here's a pic of that "famous kid" I stole the idea from...

bikelow20002.jpg

I've never thought of the way you have made this bike low. Nice! Looking forward to see what you do next!

...this was a fun easy build, my only real problem has been lining up the crank; it's still just tacked on but rides, chain keeps comin off front sprocket. I think I'm gonna make new rear dropouts as these only have adjustment "up & down" not forward & back, that should help some. I think front sprocket is bent which doesn't help, I'm gonna replace it with a smaller one, as this will mostly be used to cruz swapmeets, etc.,
so I don't need much top end speed from it. I like the bike but my favorite part is the cool headbadge.
bikes4for10010.jpg

Yeah, the bent sprocket my be the reason for the chain coming off. It may be helpful to put a guide roller about mid frame made from a derailer cog. :idea:
I like the way it sits... It has attitude.

...got her dialed in today, made new rear dropouts, re-aligned the crank housing, rides great,everything workin great; rides better with the smaller sprocket actually. It's really fun to ride, put some small apes on it...check out the kickstand...
bike20low013.jpg

bike20low009.jpg

in the pic of the kid that inspierd you does anybody know what tyer is that he has got on the back

...finally settled on these MX bars, wanted to keep the bike lower and narrower...
bikelow20011.jpg

Back