2 SPEED KICKBACK WHEEL SETS - NEW 1.75" VERSION!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Got word today from 3G Bikes that they will be offering up their popular 57mm and 31mm wheel sets with the new 2nd generation KT-2 two speed kickback coaster hubs. Once they send me photos of the new wheels I'll be listing them in the RRB store.
  • 26" x 57mm 2 Spd Wheel Set = $189 plus shipping
  • 26" x 1.75" 2 Spd Wheel Set = $149 plus shipping
These are available in copper, black and blue.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Last edited:
I'm kinda stoked to look at the KT kickbacks. The 1st gen ones weren't widely available, as I recall, although they came OEM on some Schwinns and 3Gs a few years back, like maybe 2011? As for the 3g wheelsets, will the hubs themselves be black or silver?

Excellent I'm on the 2nd set of 3G wheels and 1 bike good stuff! Had a question on the wheels contacted there tech help on line....got an answer from Gary Silva himself. Now that's the way to treat your customers.

I have a set of their wheels with the 2 speed, it's on my stretched boardtracker. I love it. I believe it's a regular gear and an overdrive, so for me, a little bit smaller front chainring gives both gears a little more usability. I'll definitely buy another set in the future.

It will be interesting to compare them to the old Bendix kickbacks. Sounds like they are "blue band" type with the overdrive. Gary

I've never rode a bike with a 2 speed kickback. How does it work? Do you still have coaster brakes? I'm 55 & I still don't know everything.

They are coaster brake hubs. While riding you gently kick back as if you are applying the brakes and it changes the gear ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this hub use the same type sprocket as the standard KT hub?

Screen shot 2014-05-16 at 11.43.17 AM.png

So, what's the word on the drive ratios on these? Overdrive or a lower gear?

The previous model of KT-2 coaster hubs had a ratio of 1:1.3 if that means anything.

The hubs on these wheels being offered are the 2nd generation version that is a better hub, but I'm not 100% sure if they are the same ratio or not. I've got an email in to Gary at 3G to find out.

Back