2 new projects

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey , I just came home with these and kinda know what one is but the 24" is stumping me. Any info on either one is reall great and thanks ahead of time.
I think the muscle bike is a 20" hiawatha gambler?
20hiawatha2.jpg

20hiawatha1.jpg

20hiawatha3.jpg

The 24 inch has Sears crusader tires and is headed to be my Rat cruiser but dont know anything else about it
24sears1.jpg

24sears3-1.jpg

24sears2-1.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I did'nt look close enough. Here is the rest of the #.
Not very good at decoding the # pages tho
24searss.jpg

MO T is for 1961 but I don't know the other MO D or whatever it is, it might have no meaning altho the 502 would be the sears number for Murray made bikes.

Check out Sears Parts Direct because they have one or two parts but not all of them, I used the numbers 50245820 and I got what is in the link below then click the last diagram to look what they have that you can also print or save to your pictures then do the same to the other diagrams too.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi ... d=50245820

4582 is the Sears catalog #, 'MOD 502' is a Murray/Sears code. Murray had different numbering patterns for different stores. I'd bet 'MOST-X' is 1958, because Western Flyers were stamped 'MOT-X' in 58. Also, note the code on the Hiawatha, 'WG 3', which shows up on nearly all Hia's, built for Gamble's dept. store. -Adam

Thanks guys 8) . they wont be restored to orig but will be custom cruisers. :wink:
Just nice to know your starting point on some things.

Back