2 FINDS A 1951 Columbia Bicycle & a 1977 Sears MX Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Sorry for the Pic quality it was near dark & I took these in a Hurry .Heres the Columbia as clean as Ive seen anywhere .My photos do not do the bike justice .. :D I wasn't planing on keeping this Columbia but I have the Boys version in red with a spring & its not often you can find a clean matching pair of bikes this old.
DSC08211.jpg

DSC08213.jpg

DSC08215.jpg

This bike I picked up on my way to get the Columbia .. Its a 1977 Sears MX 3 speed .
DSC08209.jpg

Thanks everyone for the Comments.
I want to get the key out of the fork Ive been down this road once before.
When I get the key out I feel like I pulled the Sword out of a Rock .. :D

I like the Mx bike the part that drives me nuts is I had the manual & the frame plate for this bike at one time :?

From my understanding of the Schwinn locking forks, the key only can be removed when the fork is in the locked position. While the forks can turn, the key is physically locked in place.

Maybe the Columbia is the same way.

Your right about the Schwinn .. The Schwinn Bike I had with a Key I used WD 40 & it worked like a charm . I believe the columbia lock does work the same way. Thanks for the info . :D

M.Martian said:
From my understanding of the Schwinn locking forks, the key only can be removed when the fork is in the locked position. While the forks can turn, the key is physically locked in place.

Maybe the Columbia is the same way.

tanksalot said:
Thanks everyone for the Comments.
I want to get the key out of the fork Ive been down this road once before.
When I get the key out I feel like I pulled the Sword out of a Rock .. :D

I like the Mx bike the part that drives me nuts is I had the manual & the frame plate for this bike at one time :?

This Mx is pretty awesome and cool, do you still have it now sir?,
Pretty interested to buy it,

Back