2 FANTASTIC BIKES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these today from their original owner. She was given both of them in her childhood. The bike shop she runs is shutting down and she sold them to me for $50!!!

A ladies JC Higgins
_MG_3216.jpg

_MG_3215.jpg

_MG_3214.jpg

And the big winner, a ladies Monark

_MG_3217.jpg

_MG_3218.jpg

_MG_3220.jpg

_MG_3223.jpg

_MG_3221.jpg

I'm amazed at how enormous the fenders are on this sucker. You could almost put motorcycle tir....... I should put motorcycle tires on it. We'll see.
I've been wanting an old springer like this for a while. I've been gathering parts for a theme bike (will post in the next few days or so). I originally bought it just for the springer, but after looking it all over I don't think I should part it out. It's complete. But the rat rodder inside me is screaming PART IT!!! PART IT!!! KUSTOM TRUMPS VINTAGE!!! I haven't decided yet, what do all of you think?

oh don't part it out. fix it up, ladys bike are getting big.

Outlaw 8)

So I took the Monark down to the local bike salvage and shop and gave it the love it needed to be back on the road and I was really surprised on what I learned from this bike.

1st, it has Goodyear tires, a tredrocket chief on the front and an all weather on the back. It actually has a indian head on the sidewall.

2nd, the tubes were still perfect.

3rd, instead of having a rubber strip between the tube and the rim there was a nasty glob of tar. Yes tar. It was a pain to scrape out.

4th, this is the first bike I worked with that ran all SAE hardware. The bike shop didn't even have a SAE set for me to use.

5th, The Monark is a tank of a bicycle. It is the most solid bike I have ever worked with.

I love it how it is and I have chosen to restore it.

nice score. The Monark with springer is a total score. I wonder if the headtube/steer tube measures the same as a men's

Nope, womens steering tube is longer. It is possible to thread the tube down farther and adjust the spacers on the springs and make it work for a boys frame.

Latest posts

Back