1982 Murray Monterey

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
file_zps92cfa456.jpg

Yesterday I went to look at a $1500 craigslist camper but brought this home instead for five bucks.

Re: 198X Murray Monterey

I picked one of these a while back.I put a wide tire on the front and narrow one on front.Threw on a set of motorcycle ape hangers and I'm waiting on a good deal on a banana seat and sissy bar for a 26" muscle bike look.Made in USA,cheap and fun to ride,what else can you ask for. :D

papawrandy said:
I picked one of these a while back.I put a wide tire on the front and narrow one on front.Threw on a set of motorcycle ape hangers and I'm waiting on a good deal on a banana seat and sissy bar for a 26" muscle bike look.Made in USA,cheap and fun to ride,what else can you ask for. :D
Right-on!

file_zpsc8adc9ff.jpg

Got my Thompson Bottle Grips in the mail yesterday. I ordered the grips before I got the bike. That's even better, right!

I needed to scrape off the old "decal" darts at the transition from red neck to maroon frame tubes. I finally made some new decals for that. They are inverted from traditional but they cover more paint chips and I like them.

file_zps07ea8acf.jpg

file_zps469b30dd.jpg

I just realized I haven't shown a pic of my new black crank and old sprocket, that I'm so proud of. Oh yea, new chain too. The sprocket came from a 24" ladies bike and It has a few less teeth than stock.

file_zps99ae04a5.jpg

Back