1978 Schwinn Hornet W/Tank, Value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I grabbed this off Craig's list today for what I figured was a good score. But, soon my better half will be home and I'll be faced with the normal doom and gloom answering the question: "What's it worth?" followed with: "When you sell it, then I'll like it." I found one on e-bay, just a few minutes ago, in less condition than this. small tears on back of seat, more rust etc, for: for "What?" "$550 buy it now?, and somebody did?" Only one in all of the bay and it sold for $550? And at $550, she might like me, "If I sell it!". :dance2:

So any realistic help in assessing value would be a appreciated.
biggrin.png
photos from the Craig's list ad:

1978schwinnhornet-wtank.jpg

1978schwinnhornet-wtank3.jpg

1978schwinnhornet-wtank1.jpg

1978schwinnhornet-wtank2.jpg

1978schwinnhornet-wtank4.jpg

1978schwinnhornet-wtank6.jpg

1978schwinnhornet-wtank5.jpg

Last edited:
Since I am not a member of the Cabe I don't see anything but blank place holders where pics should be. I wouldn't be able to help you with the value even if I could see the pics but my point is not everyone is a Cabe member and when pics are linked from there it really limits who can see them.

Humm I did not know that.. How do ya up-load photos here? I can just replace them.

Since I am not a member of the Cabe I don't see anything but blank place holders where pics should be. I wouldn't be able to help you with the value even if I could see the pics but my point is not everyone is a Cabe member and when pics are linked from there it really limits who can see them.

OK. I moved them, try again.

Most people use Photobucket, Flickr..... or one of the many free photo hosting services to display pics in the post. That or you can pay a once per year fee for Pro Membership which allows you to upload directly to the site as well as some other privileges. Here is the link to the site owners picture tutorial:

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.80238/

Back