1977 Schwinn Town and Country Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined the site, so uploading all my stories. Lol. Got this off craigslist for $25. Was in horrific shape when I got it. The first pic is the day I got it. Second is the day I got done restoring it. This is a cool ride man. My daughter loves riding in the basket. Vintage baby !!

SchwinnBefore.jpg

IMG01492-20111118-1602.jpg

Nice job. Looks like a great score 8)

I just picked one of these up over the weekend! Mine is in pretty good shape.

I am planning on putting an electric motor on it, but am trying to find some information :)

Can the differential on these handle anything about pedal power?

Where can I get new wheels? when I ride it right now it feels like its limping, the the wheels need balancing. I also would like to put some fatter tires on it for better traction, maybe like some fat chopper tires.. is this even possible?

I guess I could start a new thread asking, but I figured I would ask you since you just restored one ;)

The reason it pulls is that only two wheels are being turned by the chains, leaving one free. It ususally wants to turn to the left and do circles, but just takes some getting use to. It's probably not good to put a motor on these, unless you modify it. You will need 26 inch tires all around. PM me and I can send you some cool sites. Good luck brotha...!!

Back