1975 Schwinn Stingray old school BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this yesterday. It's a 1975 Schwinn Stingray with S-2 rear wheel, and S-7 front wheel... so which one is original? It also has a Bendix coaster brake/rear hub. :D The goose neck and handlebars are from a Schwinn Scrambler! :mrgreen: This bike reminds me a lot of the movie documentary, "Joe kid on a Stingray", when California kids would fix up their Stingrays for BMX use, such as big jumps and a hard beating. I have future plans for this one.

PICT0061.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

As you can see, the frame is not in the best condition, but who cares! It's a Stingrat! :mrgreen:

I have a 1980 Stingray Scrambler that has s7 wheels front and back.
DSCN0029-1.jpg

I know my bars aren't original, but I'm pretty sure the rest of it is. I'd guess yours probably had s7 front and back too.

johnny nightwolf said:
CCR, I should have read your first post :oops: Looks like you're right about '75 rays having an s2 out back.

ehh, dont sweat it, im still tryin to figure out how the BMX style crossbars get on the necks :wink: besides im doin nothin more than linkin pics to catalogs. id wouldnt remember squat without somethin to reference :mrgreen:

CCR said:
im still tryin to figure out how the BMX style crossbars get on the necks

Yep.. same here haha, well I guess you will never see Scrambler crossbars without it's original gooseneck. :mrgreen:

Edit > Never mind, after studying it for a second I noticed you only have to loosen the bolt and just slide the handlebars through the gap on the gooseneck, which is designed to do that since the ends of the crossbar are flat metal.

If that is a 36 spoke rear S-2 wheel, it might be worth some money. If I remember correctly most wheels were 28 spoke.

Back