1971 Schwinn Runabout ????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Has anyone ever heard of a 1971 Schwinn Runabout , Campus Green
ck1169-1.jpg

I think they made that bike in 76 or 77. The color is actually called lime green flek. Matt

Typically the Run-A-Bout was a small StingRay to compete with the folding bike market in the late 60s.

Here is one that I flipped.

Schwinn still uses the name today for their tag along bike for kids.

IMAGE_282.jpg

I remember those! That's the 10 speed version of the Breeze.... from 77 or 78 or thereabouts. My girlfriend in college had one just like it. the bike was GREAT..... unlike the girlfriend.

Typically the Run-A-Bout was a small StingRay to compete with the folding bike market in the late 60s.

Here is one that I flipped.

Schwinn still uses the name today for their tag along bike for kids.

IMAGE_282.jpg
I wonder if they used the pixie? I’m practically building an ersatz version of this using a 20 inch frame and 16 inch wheels will turn it into a pedal scraper…

The Pixie frames weren't the cantilever design. Some of the Pixies were 1-tube convertible frames. The later models had twin small top tubes that kinda look like a mixti. A mini-mixti! Some Pixies had semi-pneumatic tires. The Pixies had some pretty low bottom brackets. Okay with a 4.5" crank and training wheels.

Mr Paulo’s I stand corrected. I actually had the “midget” in mind…Not quite sure why the pixie was what I mentioned)…(perhaps it was the 16 inch wheel thing).🙄

I meant Paulos…(have I ever mentioned how autocorrect is such a bane sometimes?)

Latest posts

Back