1969 SCHWINN TWINN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
1969 Schwinn Twinn, siera brown, with 2 speed kickback (yellowband), maybe not as nice as jons coppertone but the price was nice and it rides great. :)

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

for the life of me i cant tell if the seats are brown or black ??? looks good either way

it will stay at my parents house (2 blocks away), i think the plan is to use it mainly for joyrides and grocery runs for cook-outs once it gets some rear baskets thrown on, seein as how winter is on the way, ive got plenty of time to get it cleaned up greased like new. rides like a champ already (on solo rides :) ), just got to get used to the WWWWIIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEEEEE turns, it does seem to be geared a little higher maybe so another pedaler would be ideal

cupcakecruiser said:
very cool

i really want a tandem BUT there's no point when my other 1/2 won't ride it with me... :oops:

meh, i'll have to find a friend. haha 8)

i had this same problem when i finally got my schwinn twinn fixed up. i was really excited to ride it but my girlfriend refused to ride with me and said that tandems were "gay". i finally convinced her to ride with me and now she loves it.

jerrylee said:
i was really excited to ride it but my girlfriend refused to ride with me and said that tandems were "gay".

I don't know, Tim Gunn didn't seem too thrilled:

tim_gunn_tandem.jpg

Great looking Twinn by the way!!

Those seats look correct to me, I just sold one like it 2 weeks ago. The seats looked more like an olive color, pretty much like yours.Took me a while to sell mine and it was very clean!
69Twinn002.jpg

Ended up taking $350.00 for mine.

yeah, i dont doubt the seats are original to the bike, just kept me guessing on the seat color :mrgreen:

stole this one at $150,its a little rough on the chrome and plating but not bad by any means. those whitewalls look nice with the brown too [/drool]

cupcakecruiser said:
very cool

i really want a tandem BUT there's no point when my other 1/2 won't ride it with me... :oops:

meh, i'll have to find a friend. haha 8)
Yeah My wife and I had a tandem, and we found out very quickly that we most definitely AREN'T tandem people. But when we got it, it was a smokin' deal, and it wasn't hard to find someone else who wanted it.

Nice Twinn..are the seats brown? Are those S7 rims? On my 5 speed Twinn I have the scrawny rims..not even S5/S6's..

FaceOFFbikes said:
Nice Twinn..are the seats brown?

i believe they are, in the sun they almost look black but im pretty sure theyre a dark dark brown color

FOB said:
Are those S7 rims?

yup

FOB said:
On my 5 speed Twinn I have the scrawny rims..not even S5/S6's..

i actually found this one looking for a wheelset for a 5 speed twinn frame id found earlier. dont really understand why they swapped the rim sizes on the five speeds, all i know is the s-5/s-6s hold a higher air pressure and roll easier.

S-7's w/105 Ga. spokes, heavy duty stuff! I loved the way this bike rode! I never did get to find out how it would have done with a stoker.My wife used to put her feet up and let me do all the work! So i guess i am qualified as to how it rode with a slacker, LOL. :wink: Later & PEACE!!!

Back