1969 Pea Picker - New to the Herd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Dan, that thing looks NOS! Very nice acquisition!

I'll bet that thing cost you at least $300!!! Nice score!!

Hey Crash, paid a little more than $300. I bought it to flip but it looks so good amongst the herd. I can't believe what Krates are going for on ebay right now.
I may decide to put it on and see what happens.

Thanks everyone!! I checked the completed items on ebay it seems the 1969 Pea Picker is very popular plus it brings very good money.

I've never been much into Krates mainly because they are so popular and my wallet forces me to be contrarian. However, I think my boys would dig it, so if you are going to sell it then I'll put in a starting bid of $325. shipped, of course. :thumbsup:

I've never been much into Krates mainly because they are so popular and my wallet forces me to be contrarian. However, I think my boys would dig it, so if you are going to sell it then I'll put in a starting bid of $325. shipped, of course. :thumbsup:

:21:

Great buy and addition, the guy that restored it did a nice job.

That is a nice one. I'm not to much for peas but that one is sweet!

$351? I'm out..Serious about being out, kidding about being dissapointed. Good luck if you do list it. It looks like you picked up a nice score. I have always liked the krates. I cleaned and greased up a '69 krate once. I gave it a pretty nice paint job with an incorrect candy red. This is the one time I actually used automotive paint (akso nobel) rather than rattle can on a bike. I had it for sale locally and it went for $600 in no time with incorrect paint, pitted and scratched chrome, and a few reproduction parts from 1998. I later saw it re-listed for $1300 after the guy put a bunch of incorrect parts on it.

Good question Crash, I guess because they are so well liked. You have to admit they are very cool with the springer front fork, shock sissy bar, stripe seat, stik shift and the 16" wheel in front. They are well built and there are still a lot of them out there in good shape. I used to have a bunch of Krates but I would rather have a Fastback or a fenderless any day. I sold most of my Krates several years ago when the market was high and I made some good money to buy more Fastbacks.

Probably because they were Cool as all get out, and I remember as a kid, that a lot of people didn't have one because there parents couldn't afford one. They are built well. Heck, I had a Huffy, but it was fun! All I can say is, I hope they hold there value well. I have 7 of them myself, I have 2- 68 Orange Krates, 1- 69 Apple Krate, 1- 69 Pea Picker, 1- 70 Cotton picker, 1-71 Grey Ghost,1-73 Disc brake Lemon peeler.

Back