1968 Murray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok folks, I need a little assistance on the value of a 1968 Murray cruiser. I don't have pictures, but I can tell you the shape it's in. It has no wheels, no chain, bearings are still good and usable, but the top of the bolt that is used to put the stem in is snapped off and the screws that hold the fork on are locked up so no removing the forks. It still has the chainguard and original seat post. Some time before I got it, a bad paint job was put on it. They basically taped over the crank and stem and then proceeded to spray the whole thing in a coat of primer blue that is now peeling. From what I can tell, the original colors were red and white, and are still somewhat preserved under the blue. It needs a lot, but I wanna get it riding again. If someone can estimate the value based on my description, it would help greatly in deciding what to do with it.

You can take a grinder and cut the forks off on either the top or bottom if PB Blaster won't work. I have bought 4 rolling, complete, Murray cruisers in the past year for 20 to $35. Three men's, one woman's frame. They may be more expensive in your area.

mitchelangelo said:
You can take a grinder and cut the forks off on either the top or bottom if PB Blaster won't work. I have bought 4 rolling, complete, Murray cruisers in the past year for 20 to $35. Three men's, one woman's frame. They may be more expensive in your area.

I don't have a real shop to do that in, but if nothing else I know some people who can. I just got done test fitting some new wheels and put the seat back on, so it at least looks complete. Technically still rideable, just not a looker at all.

Back