1967 Sears Spyder 5-speed 20"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I had one, and let it go. Found this one, which is in much better shape, and worked deals between a couple friends to span the distance to get it. I haven't verified 1967 other than catalogs, but I hope to. (It may be a '68). Other than a couple of minor paint issues, and tire issues, it looks like it just rolled out of the store. The seat looks like it's never been riden! My immediate plans are to just hold on to it. I'm most likely going to do a complete tear down, detail, overhaul, and rebuild.

n1ns.jpg

2xyw.jpg

wtiu.jpg

tvvx.jpg

ekbm.jpg

3n2j.jpg

hqmd.jpg

Wow.

That's all I have for that one. Good buy there.

Keep the 24" for a rider...

And keep this one for display. I would never get rid of it, this one is a show piece. You will NEVER get another this nice, it is the definition of a keeper!

One more thing...

Those pedals don't look like they are the originals. I think those XL's were used in the 70's because that clear part is reflective?

Anyway, if you know what the originals look like let me know, maybe I can help.

Yeah, these pedals do look great on it...

The orange is great with that bike. That thing is way cool!

I had a bike just like this when my parents were still alive. When they died in 68 my uncle made me get rid of it because I moved in to a high rise apartment. I was really mad. My uncle told me that he would get me a better bike later when he bought a house and he did. He got me a Japanese steel lugged banana seat bike with 20in wheels and a five speed shifter on the top tube

omg! That is exactly it! Thanks for the response....if you ever find another , in all in.
Chris 252-665-4473

Latest posts

Back