1967 Schwinn Fastback - Sky Blue

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Crash, not repainted. There are some scratches and chips but they are very hard to see in the pictures. One of the nicest original paint 67 fastbacks that I have seen in a long time. I wish I would of taken some pictures before, it was covered in grease and dirt.

NICE !

Grease and dirt can be a good thing sometimes, I'll take greasy old parts over rust any time.
My 69 Fenderless was that way, totally filthy, and it cleaned up beautifully. amazing how the grime actually helps sometimes.
(side note.not to hijack,but my 69 .. had the rear wheel trued professionally at a shop a friend works at, and now the freewheel threads are screwed up :(, any advice on how to repair without swapping the hub, and retruing ). ? ... bike's been in pcs 2 years sadly ..

...had the rear wheel trued professionally at a shop a friend works at, and now the freewheel threads are screwed up :(, any advice on how to repair without swapping the hub, and retruing ). ? ... bike's been in pcs 2 years sadly ..
How could a shop screw up the threads by just truing? If they won't stand behind it, and you have another hub for it, send it to me. I'll swap that hub and get it retrued in a couple hours.

But it would be cheaper for you to swap the hub, re-lace the wheel, and have another shop true it. Lacing is not hard.

Scroll down to the "Lacing" section.
http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html

How could a shop screw up the threads by just truing? If they won't stand behind it, and you have another hub for it, send it to me. I'll swap that hub and get it retrued in a couple hours.

But it would be cheaper for you to swap the hub, re-lace the wheel, and have another shop true it. Lacing is not hard.

Scroll down to the "Lacing" section.
http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html

Thanks for the offer... will have to see about another hub. Not sure they did it or we did and I never noticed until we got it back, was hoping we could just make it ridable and leave be, since it will mostly be 'trailer queen' anyways ( I like to ride my bikes but I'm not riding on date coded 45 year old tires with original tubes, sorry ).
Wait and see.... (back to our non hijack posts, :) )

Back