1964 Sears Spaceliner (Update 9/9/14)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man, I'm gonna start repopping the headlight bezels soon if you are interested!

Also, does anyone know how much that complete tank sold for on Ebay?

Edit: I just found it......$258 bucks HOLY MOLY?! :banana::dance2:

Definitely interested!

Thanks Luke!

Update 8/23/14

Did a little more work today. Cleaned the fenders, bearings, stem, chainguard, and started some cleaning of the fork (no pics of that until I'm done).

A big thank you to member pick for sending me the rear fender for this bike for the price of shipping!

Before:

After:

Stem and guard...sorry, forgot to take before pics!

Bearings soaking in Simple Green/Dawn Dish Soap mix over night:

Last edited:
Update 8/25/14

Spent a majority of the day bike building! Finished stripping and cleaning the fork, crank/sprocket, stem, and some other small items. Finally started assembling too! This bike is looking NICE! I had to wear sunglasses while building because it was so shiny!

Before:

After:

Super Sweet!! Really nice work and it's cleaning up great! Welcome to the Spaceliner club.:) Like me, it may not be your last ha, ha (my current count is three :rolleyes:)

Thanks! I don't even think I have room in the shed for more bikes! :arghh:

That is an awesome bike you're fixing up there :D Can't wait to see it fully running !

Thanks, me either!

Update 8/31/14

After riding 30 miles yesterday with the NERRB crew I decided I needed some build time. Skip (thatismytruck) was kind enough to give me a set of rims and tires from one of his old Spacliners! Thanks again!

I washed/cleaned up the wheels and tires and regreased the front hub. I don't trust myself tearing apart the rear...someday I'll teach myself! I mounted the front and placed the rear wheel in the spots so I can roll it around. Still need to get some hardware to attach the fender strut.

Before:

After:

Back