1963 Sears

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was a father's day gift from 2007. The wife and daughter picked it up for 8 dollars. The tires are allstate and are probably the original, they are hard as a rock.

102tf79.jpg

After a little work:

fkmnut.jpg

Nice gift Wildcat, is that a Pontiac Vibe, too?

Is that bike English construction? With the lugged frame and 3 piece crank it sure looks like it.

And yes, that's a Vibe. I got one too!

That Sears bike was made in Austria.
The 3 speed hub says Sears, but it is just like a SA.

98y4xe.jpg

Yep, that's our Vibe, it's a Toyota in reality.

SA for Sturmey-Archer, I believe... I've got 146K on my 03 Vibe, just finished a tank of gas at 352 miles!

Unfortunately the frame had a bent tube when I got it, from a front end impact. Usually the forks would bend, but the lower frame tube bent slightly. I didn't even notice it at first, but it rode funny. The forks are good, and wide enough for a wide tire, even though the bike is made for 26 X 1 3/8 wheels. The crank set went to my daughter's Robin Hood, and the handlebars went to my Clubman conversion.
If I can find a way to straighten the slight bend, I'll do it and make it a hot rod. I like the black and white colors of the frame.

Wildcat said:
Unfortunately the frame had a bent tube when I got it, from a front end impact. Usually the forks would bend, but the lower frame tube bent slightly. I didn't even notice it at first, but it rode funny. The forks are good, and wide enough for a wide tire, even though the bike is made for 26 X 1 3/8 wheels. The crank set went to my daughter's Robin Hood, and the handlebars went to my Clubman conversion.
If I can find a way to straighten the slight bend, I'll do it and make it a hot rod. I like the black and white colors of the frame.

my bike shop have a frame straightnener tool. it hold the steertube and push on the bottonbracket..
I rememeber we used to have one when i was a bike mechanic so i think that if you go to an OLD bike shop they might have one to help you.

i just found a 1963 sears bike like that in a barn even has the original orange band around the wheel hub everthings there but i have no idea what its worth

Latest posts

Back