1960s rollfast "IDENTITY CRISIS"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have started a ROLLFAST build and will try to keep up with the pics. i have my son steve helping out. he really enjoys working on them and has pride for the bikes that are built NOT bought......here we go

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Re: 1960s rollfast with a twist

finished the rest of the frame with a sandblaster. man it sure looks good with all the old mating of the joints. did a quick mock up. i couldn't wait. remember this is a mock up and stuff is missing and things will change

beachcruiser006.jpg

the seat is there just to have one for a look
luciavisit006.jpg

Those are cool forks, I picked up a bike with those same one and was thinking of useing them on a rat also. Wicked cool wheels you got there!! :shock:

I LIKE (really like) those wheels!....Looks like ya got a whole "build" team helping you. :wink:

the little guy is my nephew (2 yrs old) i meet for the 1st time he feel in love with the bikes so i guess i will be building one for him. maybe my 20" american flyer stretched cruiser thats another build.....stay tuned)
americanflyer042.jpg
( back to this one. i am thinking of doing a motor just not sure

things keep changing (handle bars, grips, seats) the chain will change. i might just keep it bare.

still have not picked out a name

biuld007.jpg

biuld008.jpg

let my son take it for its first ride and it is very solid
biuld010.jpg

biuld011.jpg

biuld012.jpg

biuld013.jpg

biuld014.jpg

biuld015.jpg

biuld016.jpg

biuld017.jpg

biuld018.jpg

biuld019.jpg

anyone have color ideas

Bike looks fast and mean........Mag-alicious!

2manybikes said:
foryourride said:
anyone have color ideas
Looks your ghia is about ready for some paint too...maybe you could paint them the same color?

this is the color im going with on the GHIA

2manybikes said:
foryourride said:
anyone have color ideas
Looks your ghia is about ready for some paint too...maybe you could paint them the same color?

silverghia1.jpg

i also thought about one final sandbalsting and clear coat it the brazing is just a nice piece of work

foryourride said:
2manybikes said:
foryourride said:
anyone have color ideas

silverghia1.jpg
I like the silver. I painted my 67 blue but am working on a lowlight cabriolet that I plan on painting Porsche aero silver.
cars002.jpg

back to the build (im on samba.com under WESTCOASTGHIA)

im going to change the front rim to black with silver spokes. ill post pics soon. looks sick as heck when ridden

This whole thread is sick! I can't believe how nice that KG is!!! That would be a great color for yours and the Rollfast.

The Rollfast is looking awesome. What kind of wheels are those?

I like the look of the bare metal Rollfast with the brazed joints, but it would look equally awesome or better painted in that champagne you are doing for the Ghia. Keep the wheels black.

foryourride said:
back to the build (im on samba.com under WESTCOASTGHIA)
Sorry for the sidetrack...Got Vdubs on the brain 8)

I kinda like the clearcoat idea mostly because of the level of detail on the brazing on these old frames. They just don't build em that way anymore.

Back