1960's Huffy Galaxie...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i picked up this bike to give it to my fiancee as her birthday present. thought it would be a fun project for us to do together on some free time. somebody had stripped it down for the most part and sprayed some clear over it.

DSC02388Medium_zpscd0b7ee7.jpg

DSC02389Medium_zps98002ac3.jpg

DSC02390Medium_zps959ab8b7.jpg

we plan to do a full restore / restyle of the bike so we tore it down. all the way down!

DSC02667Medium_zps422168a5.jpg

we plan to spray the bike in a bright glossy red and have some white accents (maybe in a pinstripe not sure yet). i ordered her some white pedals, white tires and new rims (red with chrome spokes). plan to redo the seat in white and nickle plate all the chrome parts to make it look a bit older than it is. well its all apart and sorted, now we are going to start sanding and priming the parts to be painted and send out the polishing parts.

DSC02675Medium_zps356104b3.jpg

DSC02676Medium_zps5317ceb4.jpg

DSC02677Medium_zps954236be.jpg

more to come as soon as we make some progress!
thanks,
Yaril

Nice stuff Yaril!
Always good to build together with your other half, and you have a nice starting point!
Fiancee hey? Maybe she could ride it up the aisle when it is done! :wink:

Keep us updated!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Nice stuff Yaril!
Always good to build together with your other half, and you have a nice starting point!
Fiancee hey? Maybe she could ride it up the aisle when it is done! :wink:

Keep us updated!

Luke.

thanks Luke! we cant wait to get out and ride together. already have wedding vehicle arrangements :wink:

so here is a little update. i got new wheels and tires just to be on the safe side. and i like to test fit them for clearance so here it is mocked up...

DSC02744Medium_zpsa93ded0d.jpg

then we sanded everything smooth and i got to painting. i put 2 coats of epoxy primer (white) and 2 coats of MTK (single stage) that i had color matched to the wheels. she wanted red, its a little different than bright red but we think it works, actually looks like an "older" red...

DSC02844Medium_zpsb4cfcbda.jpg

DSC02845Medium_zpsd08c9353.jpg

DSC02846Medium_zps6dfc2ff9.jpg

there will be small accents in an ivory / cream color and i need to run the parts to the chrome shop asap.

more soon i hope!

Back