1960 Schwinn Mark IV Jaguar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was up at Cedar Point this weekend, so i had to check out the local Craigslist. I came across this Jaguar, just 5 miles off my path home. It is in ok shape. It is going to need some work. It has the schwinn tubular rims, which I think are S7, but it looks like somebody crammed on some non S7 tires. It has a two speed Bendix hub. First is fine, but when you shift to the second gear it skips like crazy. i'll take it apart and see if I can figure it out. it looks like it was built June 9th 1960, which makes it just a tad over 48 yrs old

Here are a few pictures. Sorry they are crappy, i just e-mailed them from my phone to flickr.com

2586158680_9aa7b086eb_b.jpg

2585331823_e6b109bbbe_b.jpg

2585338615_ae5a863b76_b.jpg

2585343221_0d29b60243_b.jpg

2586198682_8ed72fd026_b.jpg

2586205000_26f200cfd3_b.jpg

Yeah, that reflector is worth some bucks too....good thing it was still there and in good shape.

Very cool Bendix shifter too.

I haven't gone into a trigger shift, I have one I need to, but the red band kickbacks have a low speed clutch/bushing thing that wears out. I'm not sure how similar they are. I would try cleaning it and lubing it and keep your fingers crossed.

That's a great bike.

skoda said:
I haven't gone into a trigger shift, I have one I need to, but the red band kickbacks have a low speed clutch/bushing thing that wears out. I'm not sure how similar they are. I would try cleaning it and lubing it and keep your fingers crossed.

That's a great bike.
The shifter and the linkage are nice and smooth and solid. I hope I can save the hub. It looks like somebody crammed a pair of non s7 tires on the s7 rims. Those should be fun to get off.

I bet the Cedar Point thing was just the excuse to go get the bike! Just kidding, cool find.

GTCOMA said:
It looks like somebody crammed a pair of non s7 tires on the s7 rims. Those should be fun to get off.
snip snip! tin snip or a set of diagonal cutters (after cutting a starting point with a knife or razor blade)should solve that problem!

Anbody know where I can find a rear reflector from a Schwinn mark IV jaguar? I juswt need the red reflecive part.

Back