1960 Little 500 Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great b4 picts of that bike by the way, and i base my theory on the camelback top tube vs a dual cantilever, which roadmaster was useing by 57' and 58'. the chairing on yours looks like a 57 thru 59, to me, but i am basing that off amf useing one style chainring in each year for all models, which may be incorrect. i guess it does make sense that a few modles, like yours, retained the one piece/camelback, top bar a bit longer than to say like a skyrider, perhaps.

Great job on the bike and the wonderful tribute to your dad and racing of that era.

Some other vintage tires might look okay until you find the real ones.

I do have a variety of vintage 50's balloon tires (Lightning Darts, Goodyear, Allstate, B.F. Goodrich etc), I've just been riding the bike on the newer tires for now. As I mentioned in the original post I'm looking for some blackwall US Royal Super Riders, they were a race sponsor. Has anyone ever seen these tires on any bikes? They seem to be somewhat rare.

0617_1JPG.jpg

phe1036jpg.jpg

little5tires.jpg

Ya done your Pop proud, son. So great that you are carrying on a rolling legacy of love in your bikes. He must be proud. And how great are those old photos?

Back