1959 Schwinn Tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across this Schwinn today and had to get it... I'm sucker for anything with a tank, plus it looked extremely clean :thumbsup: Anyway, I think it is a 1959 Schwinn Hornet, noted by the serial # H916355. The bike appears to be pretty original, but I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to this era or type of bike. Can anyone give me some insight to if this bike is indeed original and if not what is missing / incorrect?

The bike has 26x1 3/4 Westwind tires with the S-7 wheels, S bolts, Schwinn grips, etc...

P.S. Any idea to the value of this bike? I plan to keep it for now, but always curious. Thanks!

2c0ddfa8-35ea-45a4-b41d-84365e00978a.jpg
photo4-3.jpg
photo2-3.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice clean bike. Looks like new.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very nice! I love black Schwinns. That one is near museum quality. Looks like all you need is a headlight and that's about it. That style of grip looks too old for that bike but I might be wrong. Gary

Thanks for the input everyone, much appreciated.

Bike is one of the nicest ( condition wise) that I've come across for its age.

I've only seen those Schwinn script (with the underlying extension of the N) on schwinns from the 40's. That's just judging from bikes I've head.

Back